The Leto Boutique Hotel situated right in the heart of the financial, business & commerce district of Agrinio, opposite the Dimokratias square. From your room’s balcony you will have the chance to be present in various activities that evolve in the city center. Able to follow up the students lined up to march in the main square in two traditional parades of March 25 and October 28.
One of the most important events taking place during Easter in the central square is the concentration of all the epitaph of the City Square on Good Friday and then conduct the “Chalkounia.” The central square is illuminated throughout and lots of people swarming to attend this joyous event.
Distances from Leto Boutique Hotel to sight-seeing and city’s interesting spots:
- Bus Station: nearby
- Shopping Center: nearby
- The Archaeological Museum of Agrinion, located in the city center, at 1-2 Diamantis Street : 1km
- The neoclassical buildings of the tobacco storehouses Papastratos and Papapetrou, which date from the early 20th century: 600m
- The Papastrateio Municipal Park : 2km
- The Papastratios Municipal Library : 700.
- The Dimokratias Square, the main square of the city : opposite
- The remains of the Church of the Holy Trinity of Mavrika (8th-9th century), situated at the banks of lake Lysimachia: 3km
- Lakes Trichonida and Lysimachia :7 km
- The ancient city of Stratos : 17km
- The gorge of Kleisoura, on the old national road, 15 kilometres (9 miles) on the south of the city.
- The hydroelectric dams of Kremasta, Kastraki and Stratos : 30km, 15km 12km accordingly
Agrinio is linked with the rest of the country by the GR-5/E55 which since the 1960s passes from Agrinion and the GR-38/E862 leading to Karpenisi and Lamia to the east. The city is located NW of the Rio–Antirrio bridge and Patras, N of Messolonghi, NE of Astakos, E-SE of Lefkada and Preveza, S of Arta and Ioannina, and W-SW of Karpenisi and Lamia. Since 2009 a part of the new Ionia Odos, which bypasses Agrinio, is constructed, from the village of Kefalovryso in the south to Lake Ozeros in the north.
Agrinio‘s airport is located near the city, in the area of Dokimi. IATA code: AGQ, ICAO: LGAG. The airport hosts the Agrinion aeroclub Agrinion Aeroclub
Distances to Agrinio from the Big Cities:
- Athens : 263 km
- Thessaloniki : 420 km
- Ioannina :169 km
- Patra : 69 km